Monday, January 17, 2011

Great Vintage Books at Your Local Thrift Store!

If you know me, you know I'm a thrift store junkie when it comes to books. This is why I go. I find fantastic books like the ones I found recently during a 10 minute perusal of a local thrift shop. The illustrations and stories are superb, circa 1960's - hardback, great condition. Our favorite right now is 'The Mitten', which is a classic winter tale.





It seems many children's books today lack the charm and thoughtful illustrations that older books have, bummer! Perhaps mass production/duplication is to blame?

There is so much character, history and artful illustration to be found in the old, hardback books.  You could even take the pictures and frame them to create unique art for a nursery, children's room or as a gift.

You can find 'vintage' book resellers that will charge $15  or more + shipping for books like this. I got them for 50 cents each and now they're our cherished family heirloom books!

Check out your local thrift shop, you will be surprised at what you can find.

0 comments:

Post a Comment