Monday, March 14, 2011

Put a Lid On it, Kid!



Kids say the funniest and most unique things.

I don’t want to forget all the cute sayings my girl comes up with through her stages and ages.
I do some album creating and digital  journaling, but those are planned out things that require 
T I M E (which I don't have a lot of these days).

I wanted a faster way to record the 'toddler-isms' and a unique and fun way to store/enjoy them in the  'NOW' that we're in.
So I thought, why not display them in a jar or other container? Like a comments box? Takes mere seconds to record on paper and save this way. I'm sure this isn't a revolutionary/new idea - but it does the trick and makes me happy!

When my girl says something funny/cute (like saying DBDB's for DVD),  I write it on whatever paper scrap is handy at that EXACT moment (back of envelope, piece of magazine- any scrap), then I date/fold and toss it in the jar. Often, I have stray quotes all over the place (in purse, in pockets) and when I think of it, I’ll do a round up and drop them in the jar.
 My husband also contributes, which makes it even more special.

I like using a simple glass jar (mason or ball jar) - nothing fancy. I like that the paper quotes inside become the visual focus. I also like the idea of a collection of these simple jars on a shelf together.  I created a round graphic that contains monogram name/year and glued it to the underside of the lid for identification purposes.

When the jar is full, we’ll  start a new one & end up with a collection of jars for our collection of years. It'll be fun to pull from the jars and read all the random quotes together. They'll also make a great gift to give when our girl is older and has a family of her own.

You can use any container for this and even  embellish with ribbon, hand prints, pictures or whatever you  like - there are lots of different takes/possibilities on this one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment